Moore’s Chapel Baptist Church
920 Moore’s Chapel Rd
Greenfield, TN 38230
Email:  kenneth1scott@bellsouth.net
 
Pastor: Larry Reagan
 
Schedule of Services:
  Sunday:  Sunday School  10:00 am
                   Morning Worship  11:00 am
                   Evening Worship  6:00 pm
Wednesday:  Bible Study and Prayer Meeting 7:00 pm
 
Other activities include a monthly Birthday Luncheon.
 
On September 5, 1895, T.M. and Mollie Earls sold to Pisga Methodist Protestant Church an estimated 1/2 acre of land for the total of $12.50. This was not recorded at the Registrar’s office until January 23, 1897.
 
In 1897 after much prayer and being led by the Holy Spirit, God placed on the hearts of a Minister and a few other Christians for the continuing need of a church in this community. The building was purchased from Pisga Methodist Protestant Church and services were led by Rev. Tucker Moore. Rev. Moore continued to preach until his death in 1910.
 
On February 19, 1912, A.M. Perrisey, J.W. Beasely, and T.M. Callins, trustees of Pisga Methodist Protestant Church sold to the deacons of the Missionary Baptist Church and their successor’s the parcel of ground they had acquired from the Earls. When this was sold, this included the 1/2 acre of land and the church building. This deed and transaction was recorded on October 11, 1912 with the acting Registrar of Deeds, J.B. Swain. The total cost of this transaction was $65.00.
 
In October 1911, the church was officially organized by the Pastor, Rev. L.J. Crocker and 5 charter members. These charter members were: T.E. Dunn, Mollie Dunn, Jim Cantrell, Jettie Cantrell and Sam Page. In February of they next year, 1912, land and a building belonging to Pisga Methodist Church was purchased for the purpose of having a building and property to properly name and call the organization. In honor of the founder, Rev. Tucker Moore, (deceased 1910), the church was given the name of Moore’s Chapel Baptist Church. After organizing the church, the doors were opened and 8 new members were received by baptism.  These eight new members were: W.M. Bowers, Velma Cantrell, Parlee Dunn, Phenella Cantrell, Lugena Bowers, Lillie Sanders, Ida Robins, and Onie Cantrell.  
 
On April 25, 1961, deacons representing Moore’s Chapel Baptist Church purchased 2 adjoining acres from the State of Tennessee for $91.78. This property now consists of the parking lot and spaces surrounding there today. Then in 1993, Moore’s Chapel obtained land from Ms. Fred Liggett to build the fellowship hall.